This is a super simple recipe that takes almost no time to prepare. The most work-intensive part is peeling and seeding the tomatoes, which gets faster the more you do it. Perfect for a summer night, especially if you have some tomatoes to use up from the farmers market! Note: you’ll need 30 minutes to let the marinade sit beforehand.
1 lb linguine
6-8 small tomatoes or 3 large ones
1 clove garlic, chopped
3-4 tbsp chopped basil
olive oil to cover
2-3 oz of goat cheese (or fresh mozzarella)
capers, 1-2 tsp
- Bring a small pot of water to boil and submerge the tomatoes for 30 seconds, then remove. Slit the skins with a knife and peel off.
- Halve tomatoes and squeeze them gently to remove pulp and seeds. Chop tomato flesh. (For more help, see link in THIS post.)
- Chop the tomatoes and the basil.
- In a large serving bowl, add tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil. Salt and peper to taste. Add some sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes if you want to. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cook pasta until al dente in salty water. Drain, then add to tomato mixture.
- Add cheese and toss. Serve immediately.